To provide employees with sufficient skills and knowledge to carry out their duties safely and efficiently whilst operating forklift trucks in the workplace.
The training is carried out to a standard accredited by ITSSAR (Independent Training Standards Scheme and Register) in line with HSE expectations as laid down in L117
(Approved code of practice for Rider Operated Lift Truck Operator Training).
Accredited forklift training now requires all candidates to be registered with a governing body. This is required for companies whose forklift operators work on their own and clients sites and require a national certificate.
Evolve Training will register all our candidates with ITSSAR under the TOPS (Trained Operator Passport Scheme). ITSSAR TOPS Registration costs £10.00 plus VAT per candidate and this is included in the price of the training.
Classroom & practical instruction on the following:
- Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Basic Principles of Stability
- Operators Safety Code and Legislation
- Pre-use Inspection Procedures
- Battery Maintenance and Charging
- Manoeuvring in Restricted Areas
- Manoeuvring on sloping surfaces
- Laden and Unladen Pallet Handling
- Lorry Loading and Unloading Techniques
- Pallet Racking Systems and Bulk Stacking
- Stillage and IBC Handling and Stacking
- Safe Parking & Shutdown Procedures
- Gas & Diesel Refuelling Procedures
An English Language written multiple-choice questionnaire and practical test must be completed satisfactorily to qualify for Certificate of Basic Training.
NB: Other courses available
- We offer other courses for operators who require a re-test or familiarisation for a different machine (conversion course). These can range from 1-2 days.
- Operators who have significant prior experience of operating forklift trucks but have not had formal training or certification may undergo a shortened course. (Contact us for details).
- Courses are available for other lift truck categories, e.g. Reach Truck, Sideloader, etc.
Secure your place now!
Please chose from the dates and locations listed below. Select the number of attendees and book to secure your place today.
If none of the dates are suitable, please get in touch with your prefered dates and we will see what we can do.
|Date/Time||Location||No of Delegates|
Have a question?
Not quite ready to book yet and have a question for us?
Make an enquiry
Mandatory fields are marked with *