To provide employees with sufficient skills and knowledge to carry out their duties safely and efficiently whilst operating Pallet/Stacker trucks in the workplace.
The training is carried out to a standard accredited by ITSSAR (Independent Training Standards Scheme and Register) in line with HSE expectations as laid down in L117 (Approved code of practice for Rider Operated Lift Truck Operator Training).
Accredited Pallet/Stacker training now requires all candidates to be registered with a governing body. This is required for companies whose Pallet/Stackers operators work on their own and clients sites and requires a national certificate.
Evolve Training will register all our candidates with ITSSAR under the TOPS (Trained Operators Passport Scheme) ITSSAR TOPS Registration costs £10.00 plus VAT per candidate and this is included in the price of the training.
Classroom instruction on the following:
- Operators safety code
- Pallet/Stacker truck stability
- Factors causing forward / sideways tipping
Practical instruction and delegate participation on the following:
- Pre-start and operational checks
- Drive and operate the lift truck safely and efficiently
- Stacking / de-stacking at low level, eye level and high level
- Carry out battery maintenance and charging procedures
- Correct shutdown and parking procedures.
Novice Operator 3 Days
Experienced Operator 1 Day
Refresh and Test 1 Day