Qualsafe Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work
On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to understand the role of the first aider including reference to:
- The importance of preventing cross infection;
- The need for recording incidents and actions;
- Use of available equipment;
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure);
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking; including practical
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding including catastrophic bleeding
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock;
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters, insect stings and animal or human bites.
- An introduction to use AED effectively
The HSE strongly recommends that first aiders undertake annual refresher training.
Recertification training must be completed within three years. The First Aider will have to re-sit the full 1 day (6 hour contact time) course when their certificate expires.
The Resuscitation Council recommends that Defibrillator skills be updated at least once a year and preferably more often.
Secure your place now!
Please chose from the dates and locations listed below. Select the number of attendees and book to secure your place today.
If none of the dates are suitable, please get in touch with your prefered dates and we will see what we can do.
|Date/Time||Location||No of Delegates|