To provide employees with sufficient skills and knowledge to carry out their duties safely and efficiently whilst operating mobile elevating work platforms. The training is carried out to a standard accredited by ITSSAR (Independent Training Standards Scheme and Register) in line with HSE expectations.
Accredited Mechanical Handling Equipment training now requires all candidates to be registered with a governing body. This is required for companies whose operators work on their own and clients sites and require a national certificate.
Evolve Training will register all our candidates with ITSSAR under the TOPS (Trained Operator Passport Scheme). ITSSAR TOPS registration costs £10.00 plus VAT per candidate and this is included in the price of the training.
Classroom and practical instruction on the following:
- Legislation, HASAWA, PUWER, LOLER, WAHR, MHSW
- Ground Conditions
- Selection, Inspection, & Use of Harness and Other PPE
- Operating In Different Environments
- Rescue Plan & Emergency Lowering
- Electrical Hazards
- Risk Assessment
- Basic Principles of Stability
- Pre & Post Use Checks
- Safe Access & Egress
- Safe starting, manoeuvring and stopping
- Awareness of the working area
- Accurate use of the hydraulic controls
- Judgement of speed, space and height from the carrier
- Isolation of work area
- Park and Secure MEWP
An English Language written multiple-choice questionnaire and practical test must be completed satisfactorily to qualify for Certificate of Basic Training.
- Novice operator 1 day
- Experienced, non-certificated operator 1 day
- Refresher/Conversion 1 day