The NEBOSH Award in Environmental Awareness at Work provides an introduction into environmental issues within the work place and is aimed at those needing a basic understanding of environmental issues as well as staff in organisations that are looking to introduce an Environmental Management system, or just simply improve its environmental performance.
The course introduces:
- The meaning of: the environment, weather, climate, habitats, ecosystems, biodiversity, pollution, sustainability
- The importance and benefits of sustainable development
- The main components and the certification of an environmental management system
- Pollution, including: air pollution, water pollution, environmental noise and waste
- Impact Assessments
- The measures that need to be in place when dealing with an emergency
The NEBOSH Award in Environmental Awareness at Work is assessed by a 30 minute multiple choice exam, which takes place on the day of the course.
This qualification is an ideal first step towards other higher level NEBOSH qualifications including National Environmental Certificate.