This introductory qualification will help improve the safety culture in your organisation, by equipping your workforce to identify and deal with hazards at work helping to reduce accidents and achieving cost savings for the business.
This introductory qualification is aimed at anyone who needs to understand the principles of health and safety as part of their job.
The typical people who would benefit from this qualification include:
- Team leaders and supervisors
- HR professionals
- Facilities managers
- Those working with young people in a training environment.
- 3Day course including books and exams. £545 + VAT
This qualification has been accredited and credit rated by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) and sits in the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) to Level 5.
- The foundations of health and safety
- The responsibility for health and safety
- Health and safety risk assessment and control
- Hazards and controls associated with work equipment
- Transport safety
- Hazards and controls associated with working with electricity
- Fire safety
- Hazards and controls associated with manual handling and repetitive movement
- Hazards and controls associated with hazardous substances
- Hazards and control associated with the working environment
- Workplace risk assessment activity
NEBOSH’s Award-level qualifications provide a basic understanding of health and safety principles and practice and provide a perfect introduction to other NEBOSH qualifications.
This qualification is an ideal first step towards other higher level NEBOSH qualifications including National General Certificate.