Face Fit Training
Everyone required to wear any type of Respiratory Protective Equipment in the workplace must be face fit tested to ensure correct fitting and protection against substances potentially hazardous to health.
The HSE Information Document HSE 282/28 provides guidance on Face Fit Testing of Respiratory Protective Equipment.
Qualified staff at Evolve Training can carry out both Qualitative and Quantitative Face Fit Testing at our facility in Dyce, Aberdeen or at your premises. We are able to supply facemasks as necessary.
Qualitative Face Fit Testing
- Any employee who wears a half-face mask. The test is undertaken using a hood and a non-toxic test agent. During a set of verbal and physical exercises, the wearer’s sense of taste and smell is used to detect any leakage that may occur while wearing their mask.
- Some half-face masks may also require a quantitative face fit test.
Quantitative Face fit testing
Who needs Quantitative Face Fit Tested?
- Any person who wears a full-face self-contained respiratory mask.
- This includes breathing apparatus.
- The test is undertaken using a portacount machine, which measures the number of ambient particles inside and outside a face piece, ensuring that the mask is correctly fitted and provides a tight seal around the wearers face.
Face Fit Train the Tester and Test Kits
Our half day Face Fit Train the Tester course allows an individual to be trained to a level that enables them to carry out Qualitative Face Fit Tests.
Our sales team are happy to provide further information and advice:
Contact: (01224) 724008 or firstname.lastname@example.org