- Qualsafe Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work Refresher Objectives
To help the student, who still holds a current First Aid at Work certificate, re-qualify as a First Aider. Upon successful completion of this course a Qualsafe approved First Aid at Work certificate will be awarded (valid for 3 years).
This course is a revision of all the subjects contained in the three day First Aid at Work course, including any updates on any changes that have taken place since the students’ last course.
Each student must demonstrate that they are able to:
- Act safely, promptly and effectively with emergencies at work
- Use first aid equipment, including the contents of a first aid box
- Understand the duties of employers and the legal framework
- Maintain simple factual records on what they have done with regard to any
treatment or management of an emergency
- Recognise the importance of personal hygiene in first aid procedures
They must also be able to deal with a casualty who:
- Requires cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Is unconscious
- Is bleeding or wounded (including catastrophic bleeding)
- Is suffering from shock
- Is suffering from choking (practical)
- Is suffering from an injury to bones, muscles or joints
- Has been burned or scalded
- Has an eye injury
- Has been overcome by gas or fumes
- May have been poisoned or exposed to a harmful substance
And they must be able to:
- Deal with any specific hazard in the workplace
- Recognise major illnesses including spinal injuries and take appropriate action
- Manage the transportation of a casualty, as required by the circumstances
of the workplace
- Understand the use of a Defibrillator unit
- Course Duration: 2 Days
Secure your place now!
Please chose from the dates and locations listed below. Select the number of attendees and book to secure your place today.
If none of the dates are suitable, please get in touch with your prefered dates and we will see what we can do.
|Date/Time||Location||No of Delegates|