To equip the First Aider with a wide range of skills and knowledge so that he/she can competently look after an injured or ill person until the arrival of a more qualified person including the use of an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED). Upon successful completion of this course, a Qualsafe approved First Aid at Work certificate will be awarded (valid for 3 years).
Each student must demonstrate that they are able to:
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively with emergencies at work
- Use available first aid equipment, including the contents of a first aid box and AED
- Understand the duties of the first aider, employers and the legal framework
- Maintain simple factual records on what they have done with regard to any treatment or management of an emergency
- Recognise the importance of personal hygiene in first aid procedures
- Use an AED effectively with minimum interruptions
They must also be able to deal with a casualty who:
- Requires cardiopulmonary resuscitation and use of an AED
- Is unconscious (including seizures)
- Is bleeding or wounded (including catastrophic bleeding )
- Is suffering from shock
- Is suffering from an injury to bones, muscles or joints
- Has sustained a head neck and spinal injury
- Has been burned or scalded
- Has an eye injury
- Has been overcome by gas or fumes
- May have been poisoned or exposed to a harmful substance
- Course Duration – 3 Days
Secure your place now!
Please chose from the dates and locations listed below. Select the number of attendees and book to secure your place today.
If none of the dates are suitable, please get in touch with your prefered dates and we will see what we can do.
|Date/Time||Location||No of Delegates|