To provide employees with sufficient skills and knowledge to carry out their duties safely and efficiently whilst operating rough terrain telescopic forklift trucks in the workplace.
The training is carried out to a standard accredited by ITSSAR (Independent Training Standards Scheme and Register) in line with HSE expectations as laid down in L117
(Approved code of practice for Rider Operated Lift Truck Operator Training).
Classroom instruction on the following:
- Operators safety code
- Truck Capacity plate
- Forklift truck stability
- Factors causing forward / sideways tipping
Practical instruction and delegate participation on the following:
- Pre-start and operational checks
- Driving and manoeuvring over rough terrain as well as prepared ground
- Recognising the information given by the Load Moment Indicator (LMI)
- Stacking / de-stacking at low level, eye level and high level
- Correct shutdown and parking procedures.
An English Language written multiple-choice questionnaire and practical test must be completed satisfactorily to qualify for Certificate of Basic Training.
- A 1-day course is available for operators who require a re-test or familiarisation for a different machine (conversion course).
- Operators who have significant prior experience of operating forklift trucks but have not had formal training or certification may undergo a shortened course. (Contact us for details).
- Courses are available for other forklift types, e.g. Counterbalance, Reach, Sideloader, etc.
Accredited forklift training now requires all candidates to be registered with a governing body. This is required for companies whose forklift operators work on their own and clients sites and require a national certificate.
Evolve Training will register all our candidates with ITSSAR under the TOPS (Trained Operator Passport Scheme).
ITSSAR TOPS Registration costs £15.00 plus VAT per candidate and this included in the price of the training.