The course has been updated to reflect the changes introduced by Control of Asbestos 2012.
The properties of asbestos and its effects on health, including the increased risk of developing lung cancer for asbestos workers who smoke.
- The types, uses and likely occurrence of asbestos and asbestos materials in buildings and plant.
- How to avoid the risk of exposure to asbestos.
- The general procedures to deal with an emergency, e.g. an uncontrolled release of asbestos dust into the workplace.
- Emergency procedures (how to deal with an asbestos incident)
- Who should attend this training?
- All workers who are liable to disturb asbestos during their normal work should be trained so that they can recognise asbestos containing material and know what to do if they come across it.