To provide employees with the knowledge required to undertake their responsibilities as Fire Wardens, and to enable them to select the correct First Aid Fire Appliance (FAFA) to put out a fire in its early stages:
- The Role of the Fire Warden
- Fire Legislation
- How fire spreads
- The chemistry and characteristics of fire
- Fire Risk Assessment
- Fire Hazards
- Fire Prevention and control measures
- Classes of fire and fire equipment
- Emergency lighting and means of escape
- Action in the event of fire
- The role of the Fire Marshall
- Practical exercises “Fire Warden inspections”
- Written test.
This course does not include the practical use of fire extinguishers and delegates will not extinguish a live fire.