The course is intended for all personnel to give them an effective appreciation of the requirements of both employer and employees, with regard to hazardous substances in the workplace. This course introduces the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health regulations, the duties imposed on employers and employees, and how best to implement these requirements in the workplace.
- Duties of employers
- Duties of employees
- Risk assessments
- Prevention and control of exposure
- Control methods
- Monitoring exposure
- Health surveillance
- Information, instruction and training
- Occupational exposure limits
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Written assessment
The following topics would be incorporated in the course to create awareness of methanol and provide knowledge of safe handling procedures to the delegates.
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS for Methanol)
- Use of intrinsic equipment i.e. Copper- Beryllium, Brass etc.
- Decanting Procedures
- Emergency Actions
On successful completion of the course, the delegates would receive ‘Evolve’ certificate of attendance for ‘Methanol Awareness’.