First Aid Updates
HSE strongly recommends that first-aiders undertake annual refresher training, over half a day, during any three-year certification period. Although not mandatory, this will help qualified first-aiders maintain their basic skills and keep up to date with any changes to first-aid procedures.
Evolve can offer Scenario Training for these annual updates for any candidates who want to practise first aid techniques by using imaginary scenarios, such as a casualty falling down stairs or becoming ill. This will help them practise first aid techniques by
- Actively involving them in the scenario;
- Allowing them the opportunity to reflect on their performance under pressure;
- Encourage them to analyse how they can improve their performance in the future in a safe learning environment.
This will prepare First Aiders for possible first aid situations while refreshing their knowledge and giving them a chance to put into practice their skills by acting out possible emergency situations in a simulated working environment.
Simulated injuries covered:
- Bleeding injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Cardiac Arrest
The update will cover;
- Update in First Aid Practices
- Emergency Situation Practical Sessions
- Update Use of Defibrillator
- Debrief of scenarios.
The scenarios are delivered her at Evolve in Dyce or can be at customer’s sites, depending on numbers.
If you would like more information please contact us on 01224 724008